Friday, July 29, 2011

Sucker for Stencils

When I was a kid, my mom and close friend started a stenciling business - sweatshirts, tote bags, and the ever popular room border.  This was definitely a trend at the time, and today I'm surprised to find myself plotting out my own stencil projects.  It all started with Schumaker's Imperial Trellis ...



The Schumacher fabric of my dreams was turned into a too small stencil that must have taken hours to cover a full wall.  Check out Hello Gorgeous for the full how-to and final project photos.

While I love this project, I'm not sure I have the patience or dedication to create my own stencil.  Regardless, I was actually contemplating trying this out, until I found three companies that make this project a whole lot easier for just 40 bucks!  Here are some of my favorites so far:

Nautical Chain Pattern at Olive Leaf Studio

Large Chez Sheik Allover by Royal Design Studio

Covington by Cutting Edge Stencils via Etsy

Fancy, traditional or modern?  Which stencil and which wall shall I choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment