Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Dining Dreams

The biggest bummer at Hunter Drive is the lack of a dining room.  Our "eat in kitchen" really allows us to have just one couple over at a time for dinner, which doesn't cut it for an entertainer like me.  With our plans for a some day second story, I've been saving ideas and looks I love for a functional, stylish but not too formal eating space.

The current living room would make for a generous dining area and I love the idea of adding some bookcases to make the space cozy.  I love the way these book cases are used to organize and add color to the white walls.

I think this look would be totally doable in our future dining room.  This is the window I have in mind...

taken by my iphone

Besides needing a better camera to document Hunter Drive, its pretty clear that my existing living room is suffering from the beige on beige syndrome.  All the more reason to start planning for the dining room now!


No comments:

Post a Comment