Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Grown-ups live here

Before

Beer signs are fun...and they belong in a bar.  They may also be appropriate on the wall in a bachelor pad.  Unfortunately, Hunter Drive does not have a bar, bachelor area or man cave that would provide a proper home for the beer drinking paraphernalia that my husband has collected over the years.  I've been slowly moving our menagerie of beer signs to the basement stairway because hey, grown-ups live here.

The last sign to go is our beloved Narragansett beer girl, who presides over the kitchen table.  I figured moving her would be a struggle and I would have to come up with something really great and pretty inexpensive to take her place.

After
During a local summer sidewalk sale I found printed fruit from the US Department of Agriculture Yearbook from the early 1900's (facebook for fruit).  Each page was around $12 each and I found 8 that looked terrific together.  They were just pages ripped out of a book and kind of an odd shape for a typical frame, so I got lucky re-using four cheap document frames that I had purchased for $3.99 at Walgreens back in college.  Wouldn't ya know, I found 4 more of the exact same frames on amazon for the same price!  Best of all, the "mat" is just the back cardboard flipped around.  Pretty good huh?




No comments:

Post a Comment