Monday, August 22, 2011

Movin' on Up!

Facade of Hunter Drive
Hunter Drive is a three bedroom ranch that is the perfect size for our family of three (me, hubby and our dog Wally).  Since move in day, New Years 2009, we've been working on house projects non-stop.  At first I did a lot of complaining...ok, major complaining, about doing the work ourselves.  While I've always been crafty, I just didn't grow up in the type of household where you laid your own wood floor and installed your own windows (yes, we've since done both).  Now, almost 3 years later, I feel we can take on any house project, even a second story addition!

While we certainly wont build up by ourselves, we are interested in doing as much of the work as possible to keep to our budget.  We're in a good location with a great yard so I'm hoping we can add enough space to make Hunter Drive a place that a family can grow into.  With a ranch, there are so many addition options and I'm determined to avoid a flat colonial at all costs.  Here are some of my favorite facades:

A renovation in Hingham, MA with a before that looks just like Hunter Drive

A ranch renovation in Arlington Heights, IL
Can you see it?  I think its all about the front porch and an interesting roof line.  I'm sure an architect would come up with a number of other alternatives as well.  I can't wait till we get started on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment