Friday, October 7, 2011

Cold Feet

Most of the rugs at Hunter Drive are hand-me-downs.  And like most things I didn't pick out, I can't wait to buy a replacement.  We have really nice hard wood floors and a dog so I've tried to use rugs sparingly in our home.  Or, more honestly, I'm having a hard time finding the perfect floor covering.  On top of that I'm not thrilled about dropping a couple hundred bucks for something that will just become a haven for dirt and dog hair.  But the real problem is, I have cold feet...literally, so I really need to purchase a new living room rug before the winter.

The living room at Hunter Drive is in transition from the land of beige to a cozy spot with pops of color and new accessories for a look that is more modern than traditional.  A multicolored floral rug isn't going to cut it this time.  I also want to find something that will go with a variety of looks for down the road so I can change the curtains and pillow covers at my choosing.  I've been leaning toward something geometric and black and neutral.  Here are my favorites so far:

Tangier Rug at Ballard Designs $599 for a 6x9
Espana Area Rug in charcoal at Home Decorators Collection $249 for a 5x8
Kite Kilim Rug at West Elm $249 for a 5x8


Which do you like?  I've also been stalking home goods to see if something in my criteria magically appears.  No luck yet, but there are a lot of locations I can check out over a 3 day weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment