Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Cold feet contd.

After some measuring I realized that a 5x8 just wasn't going to cut it for the living room.  This became an issue because when you jump to an 8x10 the price jumps too (quite a bit actually).  While the hunt for the perfect living room rug continues, I have found a new rug obsession....painted rugs.  Check out two of my favorite examples from the blog-o-sphere:

               
               Painted rug by Charm Home
Painted rug from the almost 40 year old intern

Let me tell you, there are a lot of other painted rugs out there all using some version of a stencil or tape and the all important erslev rug from Ikea. Who can beat $39.99 for a 5x7 and $59.99 for a 6x9?  Granted these are flat weave and will require a location in our house that needs some floor coverage but doesn't require a cushy pile.  The men in my life, hubbs and pup, like to lay on the floor so comfort is almost as high as aesthetics on the priority list.  So, I'm thinking a painted rug looks like an excellent replacement for our current kitchen rug http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/39827?feat=902-CL1 (sorry for the link, I'm too embarrassed to include a photo).  Note to self, never purchase a braided wool rug.  Ikea here I come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment